Mon, 19 Apr | Fremantle
ECDIS 1.27 Generic Course (IMO Model) [AMSA Accredited]
Time & Location
19 Apr, 8:30 am – 22 Apr, 4:30 pm
Fremantle, 3 Cantonment Street, Level 1 Atwell Arcade, Fremantle WA 6160, Australia
About the Event
The ECDIS training course provides participants with the skill set necessary to safely manage the navigation of a vessel 500 gross tonnage or more. Course content follows the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) Model 1.27 Course, including updates from 2016 to reflect the IMO, IHO and other industry changes.
- Complete ECDIS Setup: including determining vessel position, Position Source, for example, coordinating GNSS Antenna Position Settings to defining Chart input and data feeds.
- Basic Navigation: understanding Chart Data, quality and accuracy.
- Information layers: System and Position Alarms identification and appropriate response.
- Route planning: By table and by chart, checking the plan for safety, depth and contour alarms.
- ECDIS targets: ARPA/RADAR image overlay, AIS function, Use of ECDIS by shore authorities, Pilots, VTS, etc.
- Digital chart installation: Procurement, installation, correction installation, coastal to restricted waters route in-bound.
- ECDIS Redundancy & Voyage records: System reset and backup, archiving data and data logging, ECDIS Bridge Standard Operating Procedures.
REGISTRATION via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org